Policies and Procedures
Virtually every site, service and software has these same rules; I'm just making them understandable.
Disabilities-R-Us No-Nonsense License Agreement
This service is provided "as-is," without any express or implied warranty. In no event shall the site owner be held liable for any damages arising from the use of this service or software.
Disabilities-R-Us No-Nonsense Service Policy
- You agree to follow the "No-Nonsense Chat Room Rules" as defined below. The latest version of these rules are posted at http://www.disabilities-r-us.com/rules/
- I agree to absolutely nothing and guarantee absolutely nothing in relation to our software, the Disabilities-R-Us web site and associated internet chat room. It's my software, site, and chat room and excluding sacrificing your first born to pagan idols, I claim every right to do whatever I please with it all. Relax, I'm a decent and generous guy but I am also very realistic about how the world works.
- If at any time you find any part of this service objectionable, you have the right to delete the chat software from your computer and to never return to the Disabilities-R-Us web site and associated internet chat room. Please note that removal is subject to the "Disabilities-R-Us No-Nonsense Temper Tantrum Policy" defined later in this document.
- You agree not to sue me. If you decide to sue me anyway and by some miracle you actually win, I wish you the best of luck in collecting anything other than my old Levi jeans, worn out Payless sneakers and the air mattress I bought on sale at Wal-Mart. Simply put, the Disabilities-R-Us web site and associated internet chat room were developed by and are owned by a single nerdy disabled computer geek with nothing better to do, and not a huge faceless corporation with deep pockets and lawyers on tap. This is a hobby, not an empire.
- Just the same, I also claim the right to remove you from the Disabilities-R-Us web site and associated internet chat room at any time, with or without reason, and without prior notice.
Disabilities-R-Us No-Nonsense Chat Room Rules
- Be nice! If you have a personal problem with someone, discuss it with that person in private, not in the main room. Personal attacks or arguments in the main room will not be tolerated.
- Do Not Lie! If you are not disabled, do not say that you are. Do not lie about the disability you have. We are friendly and compassionate people but we do not tolerate liars.
- No Dating. We are not a dating site. If you come looking for a boyfriend, girlfriend, cyber-dating or cyber-sex in our room, you will be banned. There are plenty of free dating sites and you should go to one of them instead.
- No Devotees or Fetishists. This room is for friendly conversation, not cyber-sex or fulfilling anyone's sick fantasies. If you come in looking for it, you will be banned. If you do not know what a devotee is then you probably aren't one.
- No Children. You must be aged 18 years or older. Most of us in the room are in our 30's to 50's and a few in our 80's. We are not a teen dating site and even though we can be a little silly sometimes, we do try to round it out with real discussions about life and world situations.
- No advertising. This includes the advertising of any other chat rooms.
- No criminal activity. Using our services to promote and/or engage in any illegal activities will be logged and reported to the appropriate city, state or federal government authorities and will result in a ban.
- Free Speech. Unlike any other disability chat room, we have always done our best to never control speech or to be politically correct or be thought police. People are permitted to discuss sex, politics and religion or any other topic so long as they discuss it in a respectful manner. People who cause trouble will be removed by our moderators.
Disabilities-R-Us No-Nonsense Safety Policy
For your personal safety, do not ask for or give out your last name, address, phone number, email address, passwords or any of your Facebook, Skype, Yahoo, etc. information to any person in this chat room. If you chose to be an idiot and ignore these suggestions, you accept all risks involved. My sole assistance to your next-of-kin shall be limited to helping the police identify the stalker who raped and/or murdered you after you gave him or her just enough information to find you and your family. If you're extra stupid and think this can't happen to you, read this.
Your personal privacy is maintained by you not saying anything you consider to be private. Truly, if personal privacy is your major concern, perhaps chatting with strangers in an online chat room is not such a good idea after all.
Disabilities-R-Us No-Nonsense Temper Tantrum Policy
If you have a temper tantrum and say that you are never coming back again or if you demand your account access to be removed, it will be. If you ask to be banned, you will be. If you deserve to be banned, you will be. Keep in mind that even if soon after you feel all happy and shiny again and request to have your access and account restored, sorry, it's probably not going to happen. Come to terms with it.
Please note that I am not a lawyer and I did not consult a lawyer so this entire policy may be a load of legal crap.