Happiness

Discussion about anything and everything.
dude2

Happiness

Post by dude2 » 9 years ago

Happiness, think of of a event in which you were truly happy. (Pause for thought). Right now that you have thought of it, you have:released endorphins, smiled (if only in your mind), your healthier, your digestion can be better, chance of headache lowered, life extended (if only by a little), your state of mind is better and I could go on and on.... You just made the choice to be happy and your whole body is better for it. Choosing happiness is not taught in school and yet it is so important to ones health and well being. When I was a young adult, I was not a happy man. This caused my to go on a lifetime quest to be a happy person. I have learned a lot in my quest and many techniques to help me along the way but I also learned it can be a quite simple thing to do. you simply have to tell yourself, everyday, I will be happy today (i find mirror helps), there is nothing today that is so bad that i have to be unhappy. Of course this is not  possible at all times but it can help you to be a generally happier person. That is also a healthier person. As you run into adversity, "Do I need to get mad at this?". Why do I bring this up? I stopped remembering my happiness and it got away from me and turned into a major depression. Then the loss of my happiness started affecting others. How can one expect happiness from others when they are radiating unhappiness? So, health, general well being, dealing with others and love (even if it is for yourself), are all tied to happiness. When you are happy, others are happy around you. These days I feel I am getting back on track. I want to thank each and every person in the room who I get to talk to everyday, i feel nothing but fondness and love for all of you. You all helped me get through a very hard time.                              Dude

P.S. Anyone who reads this, please reply to it, we can make happiness contagious together! Lets make comments go viral!

Ragman

Post by Ragman » 9 years ago

Happiness really does work, as do hugs, and stroking. I love being hugged, makes my day feel good.

cat

Post by cat » 9 years ago

I am sitting here with a huge, idiotic, smile on my face, and I really do feel better!
Last edited by cat on Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

suewheeels

Post by suewheeels » 9 years ago

I think it helps a lot to have positive people in your life. Now I don't but I am seriously considering pulling up stakes. I know happiness is experienced when I take trips to local towns for my job and groups I'm involved in. My wheelchair can make a big move challenging. It's probably worth it.

Ragman

Post by Ragman » 9 years ago

Moving with a wheelchair isn't all that difficult - I can tow things, push furniture around, and look pathetic - gets the sympathy vote. If you need to move, move, get to somewhere where you don't feel wrong, or sad, or lonely.

I move regularly, because I can't decide where I want to end up at.

I am still happy, cheerful and enjoying life, though I am stuck in a wheelchair, with almost no mobility and pretty useless muscle control.

Buddy

Post by Buddy » 9 years ago

Thank you for this post. Very often, I need this reminder.

Sometimes there are circumstances beyond our disabilities that prevent us (at the moment) from pulling up stakes and moving to a better situation. That's when I plug in headphones and play angry rock music or lose myself in a funny book or a sitcom. Now, I'll close my eyes and remember a happy time.