I overdid things

Discussion about anything and everything.
Ragman

I overdid things

Post by Ragman » 9 years ago

Yesterday, March 17th, I got stuck in the mud around my home, and tried for 91 minutes to get myself out. This over taxed my body, and the limited control and motion I had became worse. Today I can hardly move, everywhere aches, and I have little or no control over my fingers: The mud undid all of the advantages gained from the PT I been having for the last six weeks. Other than feeling truly stupid, I feel so weak. I cannot reposition myself in my chair, and need help, I can't transfer, so am using the sling and hoist - humiliation and self loathing are getting me down.

What ever level of mobility I gained from my hard work with the PT lady is gone.  This is annoying.

raddad

Post by raddad » 9 years ago

I wish I had a dollar for every time I got stuck with my four wheel drive and got stuck with my powerchair.  Yet I continue to cut across fields, yards and off of paved pathways.  If I had a dollar for all the stupid things I had done in my youth where I really should not have survived.  I would be a rich man today.  I have learned a little.  I am a little more careful.

This is a setback but it's not forever, you will recover.  Be careful and take care.

I think we need a grappling hook we can shoot out either in front or in back, connected to a winch so we can get unstuck.  A cell phone to call a tow truck.

lynn

Post by lynn » 9 years ago

:oops:oooopsie!  Been there done that! I agree w/Raddad's last sentence.
        Take care ragman. It will be alright. Maybe you took one step forward w/p.t. and 2 steps back on your adventure. Now you know that you must mind your  steps in order to be moving forward and not backward.
There will be good days and bad days.
I hope there are more good days than bad.