People

Discussion about anything and everything.
Ragman

People

Post by Ragman » 9 years ago

People have changed to something not nice, not yet totally unpleasant, but getting there. Once people were more open, friendlier, more eager to communicate, but now distant, preferring non-contact, separation. If you look at someone, they are shocked, whereas forty years ago, if you did not look at someone, they would be shocked.
Whatever has changed people has done them no service - the world is now a hostile place, with distrust and avoidance commonplace. This in itself creates a self generating decline in sociality, making the world a less appealing place, day by day.

raddad

Post by raddad » 9 years ago

I learned this many years ago when I moved from a big city to a smaller rural city.  Original city, if I walked down the street and there were children in the yards, moms were on the steps and would often swoop down and gather their children close to them.

After the move I was walking down the street and saw kids everywhere, very few moms, and in fact had a bunch of kids with tricycles, wagons, bicycles and on foot following me down the sidewalk initiating conversation, asking tons of questions.  I looked around for the swarm of mothers coming to gang up on me and carry off their young and non were coming and a few even smiled at the scene from their steps or porches.  It was a striking difference between the two worlds.

Unfortunately, the same changes changed this city also.

Fear mongering.  I'll call it a conspiracy.  The government (the real government not the play actors in office) can not have family and neighborhood loyalties stand between loyalty to the state.  Read Plato's Republic.  It's like a manual for where the world is headed.

DisabledArtisanSwaps

Post by DisabledArtisanSwaps » 8 years ago

Ragman I see the same thing all around. The change in the hearts and minds of each community I have been apart of. People are more fearful I believe due to the fact that simple morality has "left the building". Where once it was a society where it took a village to raise a child, now its about ignoring "that child" because its not YOUR kid and you have better things to do with your day. Where its accepted to live any kind of way, even a sinful way and where Prayer and the Bible have been taken out of the schools. We now live in a society where anything goes and because of that fact our society has allowed itself to the lower base lifestyle. Just watching the News sickness me. Pray for our Country!
One Second In Time Is All That It Takes For Your Life To Change Forever! Is Your Heart Right? Your Life Right?
08/06/2012 ~11:15 AM "MY D DAY"