Being here yesterday....

Discussion about anything and everything.
dude2

Being here yesterday....

Post by dude2 » 8 years ago

Howdy, just had an issue this week I wanted to share. I have a friend who got throat cancer. Sad case, as usual, early 60's retired NYPD non smoker, the worst of all possibilities. We had a different kind of relationship as he got sicker, as he put it "your the only one who is not constantly asking my entire medical history and telling me how to cure yourself". We chalked that up to the fact I was disabled. We built  an even better friendship as he got sicker. He wasn't doing too bad lately so when he was not returning calls, I was not too worried. Then I got a message on answering machine that said I should call today. I was sick myself that day and was sleeping. Something in my brain said that I should call. I called, I could tell he was so very sick. he said, "I can feel it, the time is coming" He was calling to say goodbye. I had not quite woken up yet and was NOT the call I was expecting, to say the least. I gained as much composure as I could muster, told him I loved him and would see him again and he said keep the faith in that just coherent enough voice to know there wont be another time.... SO much more I wanted to say but I am completely grateful I got to say goodbye at all.
There is a message here, I promise. A few weeks ago I put up header in room, "Everyone that died yesterday had plans for today"  It is so true, the only time we can live is now, not yesterday or tomorrow. Do not miss the little things, follow your brain, it is usually right. That is it, simple, to the point. Shine on!!!                                                              Dude

Kay

Post by Kay » 8 years ago

oh dude2 that is beautiful and so true. All we have is today so we should love it.Yesterday is gone and we can do nothing about it and tomorrow may never come so live today for that is all we have. Karen

DisabledArtisanSwaps

Post by DisabledArtisanSwaps » 8 years ago

Dude, God is Good, and you were given something that many of us never get...that chance to say Goodbye! Wow, Powerful and I thank you for sharing your thoughts, your heart!! Yes, Life is super short and we must ALL be ready as the clock is ticking for all of us.

Tick Tock My Friend, I am so glad you got that special moment in time :-)
One Second In Time Is All That It Takes For Your Life To Change Forever! Is Your Heart Right? Your Life Right?
08/06/2012 ~11:15 AM "MY D DAY"

willybilly30

Post by willybilly30 » 8 years ago

i like your saying all we have is today follow your brain it is usually right
tommorow is not promised to us i agree.
Sorry, for your loss