My Official Introduction Along With My Future Plans

Discussion about anything and everything.
DisabledArtisanSwaps

My Official Introduction Along With My Future Plans

Post by DisabledArtisanSwaps » 8 years ago

Good Evening to one and All!!

My Name is Shelly. I am a Disabled Woman who is 44 years old. I became Disabled in August of 2012. August 6th to be exact.
Sometime I will tell my story of how I became Disabled in the first Place...yes, I was JUST Walking and fell and then became Paralyzed. It is an unbelievable Story but yet happens and happened to me. God Only Knows why and I trust him every day :-)

So, Hello Everyone, Please ask me ANYTHING And if I am able to answer, You shall have what you seek!
I am here to make friends and to BE A Friend :-)

I have used many hats in my life and here are some of the following:

Mom
Gourmet Artisan Chef
Soap Maker/Bath and Skincare Artisan
Over The Road Truck Driver
Rattle Snake Hunter/Handler
Youth Pastor

I know the above blend just does not seem to fit into a normal life of a person, but then again, I do not consider myself to be Normal :-)

I am a very Passionate Person with allot of Creative Ambition to DO things in my life and to Really Live.
Saying all that, I became Disabled like I said above on August 6th 2012. I had such a horrible accident that not only did I need to stay in the Hospital for a month, but I almost lost my life on several occasions. The end of things is this:

I need to be in a Nursing Home OR have somebody take care of me. My Husband left his Career to do just that. He takes care of me 24/7.
I am paralyzed on the left leg and have many issues throughout my body due to the accident.
I still enjoy my hobbies and my husband For the Most Part has become my Feet, Legs and even sometimes my hands. I still find a way to do the things in life that make me happy. My Husband just has become part of the plan in order for me to get anything I want done. He is truly Special. I am STILL Chef, STILL a Soap Maker/Bath and Skincare Artisan and Still a Mom!  But now that My Life Changed in all of ONE SECOND, I do the things that I do only because my Husband helps me do them. And no, I can not drive a Semi Truck any-longer, Catch Rattle Snakes or Even be a Youth Pastor :-)
OK...saying all of that, I have on occasion been selling my wares under the heading of my Original Business Shalom Handiwork Gifts. Kind of a Nick Nack Streamline thru markets like Storeny and EBay, oh ya, and Etsy. But lately my Body Pain has prevented many aspects of my "touch and go" business. It is all just really a hobby for me now, I need something to do at the house or I would go bonkers. But now I only sell something that I make if, and when I FEEL I can manage making that special soap or Gourmet Truffle or Body Lotion. My life has changed so much since the accident and sometimes I feel very alone even tho I have a Fantastic husband who takes care of me....I sometimes feel that I need to connect with others who are also in pain, who also have crazy days, and who also have trouble with EVERYTHING in life!! I wanted to be in a place where I can encourage others, and others who are just like me, can encourage me; I have many bad days like I am sure you do as well. I understand Disability can be different from one person to the next. Some are born with it, others end up in the Circus by Fate.

I do know that God Takes Care of me Every Day and I fully Trust Him!

Ok, and so, what am I doing NOW...Well now I am working on a website where Disabled People, Like Me and Like You, Can go and SWAP with Other Disabled Artisans their very special hobby's and wares that they make!! Meaning, we all do something to keep busy, some paint pictures, others write stories, and well me, I make Gourmet Temptations as well as special Soaps and Skincare Items. At this Swap Website and or Facebook Page, I plan to bring Disabled People together and the Unique Hobbies and Creations that we all make, and do what is called a Swap!! Cathy might send her new friend in the swap a water color painting, where Sara, the other Swapper, loves to bake Brownies and will mail out Brownies to Cathy and so on.  I am working out the exact details now and I have High Hopes to start this Specialized Hobby Swap for Disabled Artisans Everywhere in the United States of America.

And So On....

It is in the developmental stage right now and God Willing, I plan to have this up and running come January 1st if not sooner.
Who knows, maybe THIS Forum already has a Creative Artisan Swap and if so, I do NOT mean to step on anybody's toes. Just Kindly Let Me Know Please :-)

But anyway, I know that I have been in OTHER Swaps, and loved them. But I have never been involved in a swap where ONLY Disabled Artisans are involved, I love this idea!!

OK, enough about me For Now :-)

Shelly

PS...It might take me a bit of time to get my feet wet here, so please be patient with me and I hope you ALL have the BEST Week Ever!!!
One Second In Time Is All That It Takes For Your Life To Change Forever! Is Your Heart Right? Your Life Right?
08/06/2012 ~11:15 AM "MY D DAY"

willybilly30

Post by willybilly30 » 8 years ago

i am glad to see you are trying to do something with your life
i like hearing your story it is inpiring