hobbies

Discussion about anything and everything.
xwrench3

hobbies

Post by xwrench3 » 8 years ago

hi, i am new here. i did not see a section labeled "hobbies". i have been disabled for some time, but my back deteriorates at an increasing pace. and most of what i used to be able to do, is getting so difficult, that its no longer fun. so i am going to have to find something else to do with the gobs of time on my hands. i have always been an out doors person.  and just sitting at the computer is getting old. plus my best friend, whom i spent many days chatting away with, recently passed away from cancer. so its no longer the same. i am not much on computer games. other than solitaire. and you can only play so many thousands of games before that becomes boring. i find fishing is more frustrating than calming or fun, so that is pretty much out. plus no one in my household other than myself will eat them. and since i am the cook, its to much bother to make 2 separate meals.  i am not in a wheel chair yet. but walking is now done for necessity, rather than any kind of enjoyment. as our kids get older, (14 and 12) their expenses and appetites are growing at a frightening pace. so there is not a lot of money left to buy into a new hobby. so i will have to sell off a few things to fund it. i guess that hardest part of that is acknowledging that i will never be able to do those things again. which is not easy. but i am going to have to do something, as i am getting to depressed. so i need to find something. any suggestions?

willybilly30

Post by willybilly30 » 8 years ago

do you like giving opinions on things? you could write blogs could do it on facebook or youtube
On facebook you can find groups,messanger and freinds
Maybe, write a book selll it for money.there are probaly free stuff to do that i have not checked.
Write a diary could be good of your day,feelings and stuff.
You could sit out side and just watch nature
you could learn mediation like mindfulness
bookbub.com has free books and most books that are not are usually one dollar if you like to read also, amazon has those.
This might give you some ideas. write on a sheet of paper the question what fun things could i do for free?
i did this and came up with alot of stuff