I'm so bull headed that I paid my property taxes for 2015 !!

Discussion about anything and everything.
Saunter

I'm so bull headed that I paid my property taxes for 2015 !!

Post by Saunter » 8 years ago

I'm so bullheaded that I paid my property taxes for 2015 , since I don't want to lose my home. I'm also disabled and want to be allowed to save to pay property taxes , without penalty. Because I did SSI is required by congress to penalize me by taking 10% of my check for years. I'm allowed by SSI and congress to own my home. A home has property taxes . What went wrong?  See 1,2,3,
  # 1 property taxes for me are more than the $2000 savings resources limit allowed by SSI and congress.  It's a LAW
  #2. Property taxes are NOT on the SSI and congress CHART of living expenses.
  #3. Property taxes are NOT on the SSI and congress LIST of things that don't count against you.
    It's as if for SSI and congress property taxes don't exist although for the rest of the world they do!
  Congress enacted these 3 items .  Congress forgot it seems to let me and other disabled save to pay property taxes without being penalized. Disabled citizens like me are being penalized for saving to pay property taxes when non disabled citizens are not penalized for doing the same thing. In USA as of 2013 there are over 8 million disabled.    We deserve to be able to pay property taxes without penalty ! SO THERE!

raddad

Post by raddad » 8 years ago

I am also annoyed that we are not allowed to save money in order to make any kind of purchase other than daily trinkets.  The system is designed to keep people down while furthering their own jobs.  People as a cash crop.  I'm actually surprised they allow for home ownership.  The solution?  Be your own advocate and advocate for others.  Start your own nonprofit and do things the right way.

About the property tax thing; no county is going to refuse a monthly payment.  I'm thinking they would actually be pleased you are not waiting until the last second like everybody else.

Saunter

Post by Saunter » 8 years ago

I agree who can live a full life on trinkets.  Guess what I went to my county tax office with money and they refused to take the money on any schedule except the very one that created the problem. Needing to save up more than the 2000 allows.  Aach! 
    I wrote to  Obama and 3 congress who are the ones for my district. One of them sent a nice letter politely saying no I won't legislate the 2000 any larger. It's been that # since 10 Years or more.  It never increased to follow cost of living adjustment. (Cola) it needs to do that and then to increase per year if cola does go up that year.