My ongoing allergic reaction problems

Discussion about anything and everything.
Ragman

My ongoing allergic reaction problems

Post by Ragman » 8 years ago

My voice is still not doing good, sometimes I can talk reasonably, but it takes time to get started, so the Chatroom is not a medium that I can easily use, which makes me very sad. I am a social animal, and the chatroom has been a wonderful means of getting my confidence back again. Because of a meal in a restaurant that was not natural, as advertised, with chemicals added at the point of cooking, I suffered a massive reaction, needing constant monitoring for a week, because I could not breathe properly, had lost my swallow ability, and had no voice. This is improving somewhat, and now I can sleep without the mask on, though I have to be more upright that I did, this defeats the rolling air wedges, so I have multiple pillows, and need help turning. Great for me, sux for my care attendant.
This is taking a while to get written, but whatever.
I haven't managed to work for three months, which is making an impact on my life in annoying ways, as I have to eat the expensive food, being completely unable to tolerate any chemicals in my diet. The latest chemical to cause big problems, is salt. One day last week, I could not breathe, had bloated to literally massive proportions and we figured the only thing I had consumed that was not usual, was a meal with sea salt, added by Froggy as she had done not often but sometimes. We cut that out, and then cut out the condiment sauces, the cans of beans, the cans of potato, fish, and believe or not, some fruit dishes have large amounts of salt lurking within. Since stopping the ingestion of salt completely, my very painful oedema has reduced and is continuing to do so, bringing my weight down, and making moving a little easier.
I am writing this to let people know what is happening, that may effect them in some way, so maybe my writing will help them.

Another problem arrived during my reactive episode, my skin is drying out and cracking in places like groin and armpits, which is driving me nuts, as I cannot use any of the propriety medications to cure such problems. Froggy and I are trying different herbal mixes with limited success yet. Hopefully we will figure something out.

I am sorry I could not help with the cost of the chatroom this year, I will make a donation when my finances recover. At this time I am shopping at discount stores, finding very little I can eat there.

daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel » 8 years ago

The best moisturizer for cracking skin is plain old Vaseline.