OFFER - PAID 2 Week Fishing Trip in Lower Michigan

Discussion about anything and everything.
dbassman

OFFER - PAID 2 Week Fishing Trip in Lower Michigan

Post by dbassman » 8 years ago

My mom, best friend and I rent a cottage for a two week fishing vacation on a medium sized 150 acre lake in lower MI the first two weeks of August. I love this lake and look forward to this trip all year and have gone almost every year of my life! It is located about 30 miles West of Kalamazoo, MI.

There is one catch though (no pun intended)… I’ve been a C-4/5 quadriplegic for the past 37 years as a result of falling from a tree at age 15. I’m paralyzed from the shoulders down and fish with an electric fishing reel that I operate with a slide bar on a headrest, someone has to cast out for me but I take over after that. I’ve fished ever since I could hold a pole & after my accident just had to find a new way to do it. Check out this website: (Fishing Abilities, Inc.) for a few video segments so you can see how I actually fish. There’s been some modifications to my equipment, but it’s still pretty much the same. Most of the pictures in the "Photo Gallery" on the site are from the lake we go to.

Here’s the catch, my friend who used to do all the lifting from wheelchair to bed and back just lost his life so I need someone strong with a good back who would be willing and able to help lift me and also help push me to the boat and back. This could be a good for a teenager who likes to fish and he might learn some new fishing tips! Anyone from 16 to 60 who enjoys fishing and could help with lifting.

If I can't get someone for two weeks I could always take one person the 1st week & another for the 2nd week... Just another option if anyone's interested & can only make one week! Everything is provided except your fishing equipment and if you want something special.

I live in South Bend, IN and am always looking for new fishing partners. I have my own 16 ft. pontoon fishing boat with a 40 horse Yamaha on the back and Minn-Kota trolling motor on the front, which I trailer & pull with my van. I like to fish for bass, bluegill, crappie, walleye and about anything else that bites.

Please PM or email me through the website above if you’re interested.

Thanks,
Dan