Newbie Here

Discussion about anything and everything.
StillAlive:)

Newbie Here

Post by StillAlive:) » 7 years ago

Newbie here.  Glad I found this forum. I was DX'd with fibromyalgia in 92, costochondritis in 03.  Hypersensitivity pneumonitis/ pulmonary fibrosis/ asbestosis in 06.  And just recently thoracic pain syndrome.  I am, if anything, thorough.  :wink:  Also DX'd with situational depression.  My pulmonary issues hit me while I was recording my first CD, working full time and 30 years into a professional music career.  After open lung surgery in 06 I was told that my mesothelial tissue had become abnormal - "mesothelial -in-sito".  It's 2016, and I am still here!  :-D  Hoot Hoot!  Don't believe everything you hear Folks. 

It's been a long hard road.  But I'm still truckin.  I really, really miss the music community.  But have been very fortunate.  I have been able to fall back on the second love of my life - my art.  I consider myself to be very fortunate to not only still be alive, but to be able to do one of the things I came to this planet to do - to draw all day.  Can't get better than that.  I'm still grieving parts of my old life.  Performing,  hiking, camping.  I am a country girl and miss spending time by rivers, lakes, the ocean.  I've swam in just about every river in Cali, and allot of Oregon.  Body surfed up and down the California coast.  Better to have swam in the past then to have never swam at all...  Was an avid camper.  But these days, while I do have mobility issues, am on 4 - 6 litres o2, I'm still alive and kickin.  and that works for me.  SA

allisonw223

Post by allisonw223 » 7 years ago

Hi there!  I am an artist as well.  In fact, I'm on this forum because I am looking for models for a new series of paintings.  I paint what it feels like to be a body, and I realized that disabled people are completely unrepresented in museums and galleries. I am interested in crip theory and I want to share the struggles and triumphs of bodies with disabilities.  Would you be interested in helping me with my art project? 

Thanks for considering it!