Disabled and get the stink eye while pregnant

Discussion about anything and everything.
gettingtherenc

Disabled and get the stink eye while pregnant

Post by gettingtherenc » 7 years ago

Hi Everyone! I'm new here, well been a lurker for a while but just created an account. I recently became pregnant and noticed that when I'm out some people sort of disapprove of my being pregnant because I use a wheelchair. I had one lady (who I had never met before) start a conversation and casually ask me if I'm going to give the baby away or raise it myself! I was just wondering if others here have experienced something similar to this. I was very polite and just kind of dodged the question. It's one of those situations where one regrets not saying something to educate others. There are a million things I could have said, but just let that one go. Anyway, it happens!

I also noticed there isn't a lot of information regarding raising a baby while having a disability. I recorded a video of how I go about my daily activities while pregnant. It shows everything from morning sickness to my exercise routine. Check it out if you're curious (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f21bV7g0OmE).
Last edited by gettingtherenc on Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.