If you registered on or before August 25, 2017, you will need to reset your password. Your password reset confirmation will be emailed to you. If you do not receive it, please check your junk folder. Be sure to add [email protected] to your contact list so you do not miss out on important forum related emails. Disabilities-R-Us will never send you any unsolicited emails.

Saying hello

Discussion about anything and everything.
A trophy guy

Saying hello

Post by A trophy guy » 6 months ago

Hey there to everybody.  I have been a T-12 para for 17 years and I love good conversation.  I hope my time here is positive. I'm 37 and I compete as a wheelchair bodybuilder.

Louie

Post by Louie » 6 months ago

I’m also new here. I’m a middle-aged man with muscular dystrophy. I can’t walk or lift my arms anymore, but I am able to drive a modified van and work part-time. I spent the last 10 years at another forum that no longer exists and I’m looking for a new home. I’m looking for a place where I can discuss disability issues, wheelchairs, how to get through the day… And also make some friends.

Louie

Coll

Post by Coll » 5 months ago

I'm a grandmother that lost her leg a few years back.  I was doing well with my prosthesis until other problems came along.  Now I spend most my time either in my wheelchair or in a recliner.
I keep working on my walking so I don't completely lose it but I'll admit there are a lot of times I get discouraged.

Louie

Post by Louie » 5 months ago

Coll, it's great that you are trying to walk. I'm in my power chair because of a progressive illness. About 10 years ago it got to the point were walking was so dangerous that I had to get a chair. I got in kicking and screaming, but soon came to realize that it was a blessing in disguise. Of course, my situation is completely different from yours.

Louie