I need some advice about my new chair

Discussion about anything and everything.
Louie

I need some advice about my new chair

Post by Louie » 6 years ago

Friday, June 30, 2017

I've had my new chair for about a month now. For the most part I'm happy with it. It is a Permobil F3 and it is replacing a Permobil C 500 VS. The F3 is a little bit smaller and the functions are much better than they were on the old chair. I'm particularly happy the fact that I can tell back much farther and I can extend my legs out straight about my knees being lifted up. I'm still making adjustments to it. My salesman from Numotion is coming to my house this afternoon to help me properly place the arm rests and the joystick's. I think that they arm rests that they gave me her too long because the elbow blocks are set so far back that my arm can't reach the joystick when I am tilted back. I'm also a bit uncomfortable with the seat back. It seems that the wings on either side need to be either raised or lowered because they are pressing a little bit too tight on my rib cage.

I'm still not driving from the F3. In a couple of weeks I'm going to go to Advanced Wheels to have a Q-lock put on my chair. I'm currently driving with a permalok, but, unfortunately, it is no longer being made and would not fit on the F3. I've been given the impression that The q lock is a bit less cumbersome than an easy lock. I like to hear about the experiences of people that use either of those two docking mechanisms in their car.

Thank you,
Louie
Last edited by Louie on Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.