New Lady But not so New

Discussion about anything and everything.
MissZee

New Lady But not so New

Post by MissZee » 6 years ago

:oops: :cry: :| :-(

hello to anyone reading this and thank you for even takeing the time to read it ,

please keep in mind as you read this i have a learning disabilty
and part of it is i have trouble spelling words.

Anyways its been a while since i been on here.
a lot of things have happend. and lot of ups and downs.
lets get to the downs first...

went to a mental hospidel multpe times the last time was for a sicuaciedl attempt that failed,
got put on some meds for my depression and my D.I.D. went thru detox.
im in recovery from self harm (cutting my arms and legs ) and from drinking acholo
and im getting theripy for any suicidel thoughts i still have as well as childhood abues.
its at a wonderful place called RHA. that place has been a life savor for me.

its a mini merical that im still here, that im alive typeing this...

at the begaining of the year i said it was going to be diffrant
and it has been that and more for me.

now we can get to the ups...

like i said im on new meds now and im meeting once a week with a theripest to talk about my feelings and stuff. i fianley got a disabilty lawery whos working there butts off for me to help me get ssi, so that i have some income and i guess i'll ues some of that money to start to build a life for myself. find out whats out there for me.

im taking things one day at a time. today i can be happy
but tomorrow i could be gone...

i'll try and ues this site to make new friends  and meet new people
but im not sure anyone has things in common with me...

i'll make another post later about the crazy things im into...

thanks for reading all this. Hope you have a wonderful day.

~ MissZee
i feel so alone.

Coll

Post by Coll » 6 years ago

Dear MissZee,

I'm not too sure I'm someone your interested in getting to know but I would like to get to know you.

I understand the childhood abuse problems.  While you got into the self abuse my self destruction was totally different.  I pushed myself to succeed and to be everybody's caregiver until it almost liked me.  my spelling never was good but since my brain damage it has gotten worse.  I have also lost a lot of my vocabulary.

I'm in my late sixties with 5 grandsons.  Two of which I'll probably never see again which breaks my heart, but such is life when vindictive people are involved.  Five years ago I lost my right lower leg and then 3 years ago I feel and my left hip got injured so now I spend most of my time sitting around.

What are some things you enjoy doing?

Coll

MissZee

Post by MissZee » 6 years ago

heres a post that talks about things i like,

http://.disabilities-r-us.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18.msg3739#msg3739

[quote="Coll"]
Dear MissZee,

I'm not too sure I'm someone your interested in getting to know but I would like to get to know you.

I understand the childhood abuse problems.  While you got into the self abuse my self destruction was totally different.  I pushed myself to succeed and to be everybody's caregiver until it almost liked me.  my spelling never was good but since my brain damage it has gotten worse.  I have also lost a lot of my vocabulary.

I'm in my late sixties with 5 grandsons.  Two of which I'll probably never see again which breaks my heart, but such is life when vindictive people are involved.  Five years ago I lost my right lower leg and then 3 years ago I feel and my left hip got injured so now I spend most of my time sitting around.

What are some things you enjoy doing?

Coll
[/quote]
i feel so alone.

Coll

Post by Coll » 6 years ago

You are a very active person.  That is great.
There are several different learning "disabilities".  I don't really like calling them disabilities because that kind of says you are disable to learn.  The truth is that you learn differently.  A simple point in fact. 12 years ago I met a young boy in first grade that told me he had a learning disability so he couldn't learn to read.  I asked him if he would like to read.  When he told me that he really wanted to but they told him he couldn't,  I told him that what they meant was they couldn't teach him, but if he was willing I would work with him to figure out how he could learn.  Last spring I got an invitation to his graduation.  He graduated top in his class with a full ride scholarship.  So please don't think you can't learn.  From your posts I can tell you are intelligent, you just learn differently than most.

Louie

Post by Louie » 6 years ago

Miss Zee,
I'm sorry that it took me so long to respond. I wrote a reply a while back but somehow it never got entered onto this thread. Since then I have been unable to log on. But I am back now!

You mentioned that you have trouble writing. My disability is different than yours. Mine is physical, but it prevents me from writing and typing. A few years back I started using voice recognition. Although it's not perfect, it does help an awful lot. I've even recommended it to friends that have disabilities similar to yours. It's something that you might consider giving a try. I believe that most computers come with a version of it that is installed with Windows. I've use Dragon Naturally Speaking from a company named Nuance. I've been using it to write this response and so far I have only had to make one correction.

Good luck,
Louie