Multiple Chemical Sensitivities and Social Marginalization

Discussion about anything and everything.
Tornado

Multiple Chemical Sensitivities and Social Marginalization

Post by Tornado » 6 years ago

I have had Multiple Chemical Sensitivities for six years now. For 4.5 years I have had chronic stomach pain, this is possibly an ulcer or gastritis. I find that the stomach pain is a major drain and is also very painful. This has been difficult to resolve. Has anyone heard of anything like this before?

The medical system does not make any effort to diagnose or treat Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, Chronic Fatigue or Fibromyalgia. This is miserable. I tend to be socially isolated and have difficulty saving money. I call an MCS doctor on the phone periodically, she lives in New Mexico. Progress has been kind of slow.

I do think being disabled means differently abled because I have abilities other people do not have. I find relationships to be difficult. I find that people often use verbal cues. I find verbal cues to be difficult to hear or use. I don't feel the need to use verbal cues because I have the ability to speak straightforward english. Thus it would seem that many people lack communication abilities and rely on verbal cues as a substitute. I could learn to adapt to this bizarre "language" the best I can. I would also like the pendulum to swing back in my direction. Ultimately I don't think verbal cues are an effective way to communicate with others. This is kind of a popular dysfunction.
Does this resonate with anyone?

I find having a disability makes it hard to expand or grow as a person. It is the nature of human life to expand. Not being able to expand is frustrating and degrading. Does this resonate with anyone? Sometimes there are ways to expand that others are not aware of. I find that living with this stomach pain day to day makes things stagnated.

Coll

Post by Coll » 6 years ago

Tornado, I'm sorry that you are living with chemical sensitivity also. I'm fortunate to have a doctor that has experience dealing with it so he has been a wonderful help. Many of is with fibromyalgia develop chemical sensitivity.
As for communicating with verbal cues I'm trying to figure out what you are talking about. Vocal communication has always included intonation and other verbal cues.
Learning to live with constant pain take learning to accept the pain and then ignore it.