Any writers out there?

Discussion about anything and everything.
Dixie

Any writers out there?

Post by Dixie » 5 years ago

I am a writer and wondering if anyone out there is also one. I've had "projects" over the years (unfortunately just fanfics) but recently I've been inspired seeing apparent dislike of i guess lack of main characters out there with disabilities (pointed at Disney) I personally didn't understand this at first as there are plenty of Disney characters with disabilities but after research I agree there is a lack of MAIN CHARACTERS with disabilities so I am working on rewriting some of these (as well as originals) I have ideas currently but I guess just wondered what anyone else may have to say (as I'm obviously not the only person this represents) Thanks for any comments

skyeskye

Post by skyeskye » 5 years ago

bit of a late reply, but i am also a writer. i mostly write fan fics from time to time when i have the spoons to do so.

daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel » 5 years ago

I love to write but don't get a chance to do that much. I have a semi-active blog at https://www.saidsimple.com/daniel/blog/ where I talk about life, programming, faith, etc.

Maddi

Post by Maddi » 4 years ago

;)
Dixie wrote:
5 years ago
I am a writer and wondering if anyone out there is also one. I've had "projects" over the years (unfortunately just fanfics) but recently I've been inspired seeing apparent dislike of i guess lack of main characters out there with disabilities (pointed at Disney) I personally didn't understand this at first as there are plenty of Disney characters with disabilities but after research I agree there is a lack of MAIN CHARACTERS with disabilities so I am working on rewriting some of these (as well as originals) I have ideas currently but I guess just wondered what anyone else may have to say (as I'm obviously not the only person this represents) Thanks for any comments
Hi, my name is Maddi and I am also a writer. I’m currently researching for my second book which will be a collection of stories of people overcoming hardships and major health related setbacks. I’m going to share my personal story of stroke rehabilitation and would love to speak with anyone from this forum about their experiences dealing with obstacles and how they dealt with it. Please let me know if you’d like to talk. I’m excited to connect!

Maddi

charmane2019

Post by charmane2019 » 4 years ago

Hi Maddy,

My obstacle is leg weakness from an injury3 years ago. My legs are numb from the knee down. The challenging things are walking and driving but what is most challenging is to get others in my life to accept it as I have, as it doesnt improve. How I deal with it is to time my driving to a destination, as it takes me longer to get there. As far as walking or other activities I pace myself. This journey is quite lonely and humiliating at times. For instance, yesterday I was walking slowly to the bank and a car had to wait for me to cross and the driver yelled at me to get out of his way. People are cruel and I think that is the hardest obstacle. I live alone and the times when I'm struggling to complete things that used to take me far less time I search for answers to heal myself and wonder every day whether it is even possible. Well that is my summary of my obstacles.

LadyLynda0712

Post by LadyLynda0712 » 4 years ago

Christian author-to-be (hopefully). I, too, was highly disappointed when I lost my 5 year old daughter several years ago and I only came across two books on the subject. I didn't want a book on grief, I wanted a book on how to LIVE after that.

You are totally right about the lack of disabled characters in books! The few I have come across portray us horribly! It's so disheartening.