If you registered on or before August 25, 2017, you will need to reset your password. Your password reset confirmation will be emailed to you. If you do not receive it, please check your junk folder. Be sure to add [email protected] to your contact list so you do not miss out on important forum related emails. Disabilities-R-Us will never send you any unsolicited emails.

Military/Miltary Vets Don't WANT A Parade!

Discussion about anything and everything.
gratefulme

Military/Miltary Vets Don't WANT A Parade!

Post by gratefulme » 2 months ago

Re: A request to my fellow American chatters re: U.S. Proposed Military Parade, Nov 10, 2018

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/39771 ... alled-very

Though I am most often known for smartassery, I am a mil vet who feels very passionately about our current military and my fellow military Veterans. I am making a sincere request not in a partisan manner, but rather for the love of all those who have/are/will continue to protect my/our beloved country.

There is a proposed plan for a military parade scheduled for November 10, 2018 in D.C. (see link above from The Hill, dated 7/18/18). It is my sincere opinion that this proposed parade will not only cost a great deal of money that would be best spent elsewhere(CARING for our current military/Veterans) but will be against what benefits our soldiers and veterans, for additional reasons.
The majority of soldiers I personally served with did NOT want to be in the public eye-- both as to not be made additional targets than what they already faced and also because active duty soldiers make sincere efforts to be non-partisan/as unpolitical as they can be(since they ARE serving under the WH/President)--and are trained not to engage with the media for the most part. Many current military/veterans prefer a resepectful, quiet verbal ThankYou or a smile/nod of the head and, in fact; many may prefer to not have their military time acknowledged at all due to painful memories/experiences.
For current military members, they do not wish to spend large amounts of time prepping/being in a parade when they need valuable training time and the money to be spent on a parade would be far more valuable spent on proper equipment/housing/training/supplies, etc. Soldiers also face enough visibility in an effort to just do their jobs--on and off the battlefield--without having additional targets on their backs by being in a a large parade en masse.

My request for my fellow chatters is this: please be willing to consider voicing your opinions about this proposed military parade to others-- including your Congressional Representatives-- via emails/phone calls/letters. IF interested, here is a link to an ongoing online petition: https://www.change.org/p/paul-ryan-tell ... ary-parade .

Please accept my sincere thank you in advance for your consideration.