Accessibility in Libraries

Discussion about anything and everything.
abigailleigh

Accessibility in Libraries

Post by abigailleigh » 3 years ago

Hi all!

My name is Abby Phillips, and I am both disabled and a researcher who focuses on disability, particularly accessibility. As a former librarian, I am very interested in the views of library patrons about library accessibility. My colleague and I are conducting a study and we would love to hear from you. Or, if you are not comfortable, please share! See below. Thank you! <3

We are preparing a study about accessibility in public library makerspaces. This study will help to inform public librarians how to make their spaces more accessible for all, creating more inclusive libraries. We want to know about your experiences in public libraries and in makerspaces. We will be conducting a series of focus groups with disability self-advocates and public librarians across the United States.

We would like to invite you to take part in this process, to share your knowledge and experiences with us. For your participation, you will receive a $30 Amazon gift card. Your involvement is voluntary. Any information you share with us will be kept private and confidential. If you want to participate, please complete the brief online form: https://odu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/ ... Rkig7ERB1H

If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected] or [email protected]

Thank you,
Dr. Amelia Anderson and Dr. Abigail Phillips