Acquired Disability, Resilience, and Post-Traumatic Growth

Discussion about anything and everything.
Podbiak

Acquired Disability, Resilience, and Post-Traumatic Growth

Post by Podbiak » 9 months ago

Hello everyone!
I'm new here - I am a visually impaired graduate student. I have ocular albinism.
I am looking for participants for my doctoral research project. Participation involves taking a 20 minute survey.
I would love everyone's input - please check out the inclusion criteria and link to the survey below. If you have any questions, let me know!

Have you experienced an injury OR been diagnosed with a chronic health condition that significantly affected your physical functioning?

Did this happen after you turned 18?

Has this affected your social life, employment, or personal interests?

If you answered “yes” to all of these questions and are between the ages of 18 and 64, you are invited to participate in a research study conducted by the Florida Institute of Technology! You will be asked to participate in a survey that is estimated to take about 20 minutes. Participation is voluntary and can be stopped at any time. Click this link to be directed to the survey: https://fit.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/ ... 9PDDuj7gDs

This study has been approved by the Florida Institute of Technology Institutional Review Board. For more information about this study, please contact Dominique Ghirardi, M.S., at [email protected].

Please note that some exclusion criteria may apply. All participants must be located within the United States, be able to read English, and be able to complete the survey independently. If you have an intellectual disability or have experienced a significant neurological event, such as a stroke or traumatic brain injury, or have a neurodegenerative condition such as cognitive impairment or dementia, you will not be included in the study. Participants who have experienced a loss of functioning related to mental health concerns without a history of physical injury or illness in adulthood will also not be eligible to participate in the study.