Diplomacy Has Failed!

Discussion about administrative actions taken in the chat room.

Moderators: daniel, TiGgEr

TiGgEr

Diplomacy Has Failed!

Post by TiGgEr » 9 years ago

So last evening, Thursday, October the 2nd,  everything looks very calm in the room and I think to myself, things are good, you haven't played your game in a couple of weeks, you should do so, you deserve to, and I did! I wouldn't have if I knew what was going to happen but is that fair?

You were at it again, fighting; the topic had been changed to the following

"[19:21:07] Topic changed on #main by HandiBot![email protected]: Third Strike coming soon."

All hell broke loose and I found the following posted on the disabilities-r-usFacebook page!

"Daniel Stasinski

One of the most frustrating things is that I finally get in the mood to do some programming and begin working on an update to the chat room software. Then I take a quick look at the room log and see that people are once again having an fight about something they obviously don't have one damn clue about. Is it really coincidence that almost every time I bother to look, there is a fight going on? Gone is my mood to update the software."

It is becoming painfully obvious that nobody is taking this seriously, either that or you think your need to bring drama to the room is far greater than the needs of those who wish it to remain open!

So diplomacy has failed, we are facing strike three and I am issuing the following warning!

Over the next week or two the room is on probation, what this means is if you feel your needs to insult others, argue with people and bring unnecessary drama to the room you will find yourself removed indefinitely!
Your removal will be without notice and might happen hours after the fact once I have reviewed the situation, your removal will be indefinite and the length will be at my discretion which I will base on what happened and your history of drama!

I have stated more than once that I thought we had until the New Year to clean things up, if you have been frequently involved in drama and continue, you might find yourself without the room until then, if you have not been frequently involved in drama yet still find yourself banned because your needs were greater, you might find yourself back in sooner but there will be a minimum of two weeks removal during this probation period! If you find yourself in this situation and the two-week period has passed, contact me through the website contact form, and I may bluntly clear things up for you as to the duration!

This is not coming from a happy place, but we have had too many warnings for me to keep asking nicely and posting on forums, there are those who are willing to leave the drama alone and these people deserve a chance for things to remain open without your drama!

The probation period will be in effect midnight Saturday the 4th of October until I feel enough time has passed, this will give everybody enough time to get notified, if you feel somebody has been absent please let them know!

If you find me being more lenient with new people, that's too bad, they do not know the past history and the past efforts spanning the last several months, they have no context of the situation, the regulars do, this has been brewing since before Daniel's departure and you are all aware of this!

My apologies to Daniel and the greater good for letting things get this far!

Consider yourselves notified!

PS any mockery of the situation may also find you removed, this is serious!

if you have any questions, post them underneath or send me a message using the contact form on the website!

Ragman

Post by Ragman » 9 years ago

Thank you for this, Tigger. I for one and glad it is people being removed, and not the chatroom.

Tawney

Post by Tawney » 9 years ago

I echo Ragman.. I am glad that it will be people and not the room.  The past week or so I have been very tired and have actually avoided the room a couple days.  I really would have liked to chat and check in with friends but lacked the energy to deal with any drama I might face.  Hopefully I won't find this necessary in the future.  I love my chat friends and thus the room.. enough said.

TiGgEr

Post by TiGgEr » 9 years ago

I have taken down the link in the chat room but that does not mean things go back to the way they were.
The situation has improved somewhat, let's keep at it and avoid the drama because that still stands, you bring unnecessary drama to the room and I will still remove you!

the only other thing I would like to add, slightly off topic, there have been complaints about the general conversation being very lacking in interesting subject material... but I seldom see the complainers trying to add meaningful conversation...
if there is not much is happening, if you are bored , I suggest going to one of the many available portals like Yahoo, MSN or AOL which have current news and events right there and pick a topic you can bring back to the room and talk about it with everybody instead of just complaining.
The room is what you make it!
Thank You!