looking for a equal not a dependent

Looking for love or just new friends? This is the place to meet them and greet them.
Ford1981

looking for a equal not a dependent

Post by Ford1981 » 11 years ago

Hello all. I have been on disability for a year. I can take care of my own needs but cannot support another's. Does anyone know of any groups or forums for people who are on disability? I just want someone who understands why I don't have a job and has as much free time as I do.

davidj

Post by davidj » 11 years ago

Hi Ford, you did not indicate what your disability is so don't know how to help if anything. Sorry about you becoming disabled a year ago, and I can assure you it is life changing and quit a ride to embarge on. I have bee disabled for way over 40 years and have had lots of ups and downs, but I still work (40 years with the feds), married and even have adopted man of 24. There is a good life to look forward too, I just pray you are not in constant pain, I am not either and I have a spinal cord injury.
Hope to hear from you one day, and I can remember this chat with you. If you need advise, just ask the chatroom or this formun and people will reply.

See yea,
David

BlueDave

Post by BlueDave » 11 years ago

Hey, Im Dave living in the UK.
I became disabled in 1974 at the age of ten. I was hit by a car I was in a coma for 7-8 weeks; then when I came too I knew no one, I couldn't talk or move and my hearing wasn't that good.
over a short time I was able to hear a little better and I was told that I had been hit by a car and that I would never walk again or be able to use my arms properly. Well when I heard this I some how through myself out of the bed and of cause I fell on my face. after I was put back in my bed and had a telling off. I tryied to do it again and was stopped by a nurse and got another telling off. So after so many attemps, I desided to give up for a while. But I was determinded to get out of that bed and walk.
This is just a taste of my story.
I have loads of time on my hands and I like to listen to people and help them if I can.
So If I can help in any way or just listen and be a friend.  Let me know and we shall continue from there.  :-)

roses

Post by roses » 11 years ago

Hey I have been looking for the same for yrs! I am also independent. And what to meet some one to spend the rest if My life with who understands! So, If You find that sight let Me know! Thanks... :-)...

PHILLYMALE1955

Post by PHILLYMALE1955 » 9 years ago

hello , my name is Glenn and im looking for a woman who understands what its like to be disabled yet im dependent enough to take care of myself. i am 59 going on 49 .i want to meet and chat with a woman whos out for a long term relationship .we dont necessarilly have to get married but want a common law relationship that is for the long haul. no head gamers ,or liars as they often are both liars and thieves. my wife left me once i became disabled according to soc sec. i live comfortable and my soc saec pays for everything i need . actually ,GOD the one who deserves all this credit, hes given me a second chance at life and now all thats missing is that special someone i can worship and cherish until the lord sees it fit to call one of us to Glory. i must add, if you dont take care of your looks for example :If u dont wear lots of makeup to make me adore you for all the effort you put in to look nice for me and vice versa well then skip over me . i feel there has to be some kind of allure when it comes to dating and finding a woman you admire and how she makes a guy feel loved and welcomed to be with. in return i promise to keep u happy and supply you with everything you desire as long as its not a trade for sex thingy. i like sex but its really not a priority at this stage in my life. all i want is that one woman who will not sway away from our relationship merely because some other guy sounds alot better. (the grass is not always greener). if you like what im about and would love to get to know me some more? well than contact me via e mail or im me  or is it PM in these rooms ? thank you for reading my wants in my perfect woman. p.s. weight is not an issue as long as its not extremely obese. you can be disabled that too is fine with me. Glenn 8-)

Anne1

Post by Anne1 » 9 years ago

As someone who still has someone close, I cannot imagine how difficult it has to be to want to find someone when you deep down have these other issues to deal with. I hope that people start coming here more frequently and actually gain a partner that way – would warm my heart.
Anyone else visit http://disabilitybenefitshelp.org/ for Social Security Administration or disability benefits check help?

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius » 9 years ago

:-) welcome to dis r us chat rm & forum, Ford1981 & any one i missed,

am sure that by now you've found some new pals at dis r us who is in a same, or similar, situation (s) that you wrote about your current status

being able to support only own self & not another,
been on disability (assume you mean money benefit), doesn't have a (assume you mean wage) job & as you wrote about your self, has (assume quote 'as much' means lots of) 'free time'

assume also you might not have a volunteer job either

many labeled 'disable' world wide has same, or similar, disable related traits that you wrote describing your self

including some here at dis r us in chat & on forums
which means in my book that there's others here at dis r us who can &/or does understand where you're at

even some world wide labeled not disabled can only support them self - etc,  don't have any type/sort/kind
/etc of wage or volunteer job & have a lot of 'free time'

in USA many times two people labeled disabled who get wed with court house, etc related documents lose, or get very lowered. money & other disable benefits

each person/couple should maybe decide for them self before getting wed above method if will gain any benefit, if will lose, or get lowered, any benefit

then decide what is most important to their self, or as a couple, then take whatever action they might agree on

so believes me  :-)