Feedback on mobility scooters

Discussion about anything and everything related to assistive technology.
Mikael

Feedback on mobility scooters

Post by Mikael » 6 years ago

Hi, I am working on a site that is rapidly growing right now and I would very much like your feedback on it. As a disabled man myself suffering from scoliosis lately I have been having a hard time walking any further than 2 miles and when I was about to purchase my first mobility scooter I got the idea to test ride as many as I could before finally taking the plunge.
So I did and I added them all to my new site that I hope will grow into a large source for people with disabilities to use as a guide while trying to find the right mobility scooter for them. You can read more about it over at http://www.envyride.com.
All ideas and criticism are welcome. As long as they are handed out in a nice manor. :)
Best wishes!

Coll

Post by Coll » 6 years ago

I didn't find a place to comment on your site. You left out one very nice scooter that is light weight but will carry a heavier person. That is the Travelscoot. It even breaks down to fit the size of carry on luggage.

whitewater

Post by whitewater » 6 years ago

I know this is similar to the idea of a driverless car, but wouldn't it be something if scooters or even power chairs if had a gps with voice output on it & by puttting in the cordinations it could get you from where you are to your destination.

Coll

Post by Coll » 6 years ago

It could at least tell you the nearest place to get something. Also help you remember where you parked you car.

However since they are used inside also it could be confusing to the GPS.

whitewater

Post by whitewater » 6 years ago

That's true. There would be lot of factors to consider when doing that. With safety being one of them. Would be fun if in a mall though. Take me to a clothing store, Walmart, the foodcourt or somewhere else. :)