Saying hello

Discussion about anything and everything.
A trophy guy

Saying hello

Post by A trophy guy » 6 years ago

Hey there to everybody.  I have been a T-12 para for 17 years and I love good conversation.  I hope my time here is positive. I'm 37 and I compete as a wheelchair bodybuilder.

Louie

Post by Louie » 6 years ago

I’m also new here. I’m a middle-aged man with muscular dystrophy. I can’t walk or lift my arms anymore, but I am able to drive a modified van and work part-time. I spent the last 10 years at another forum that no longer exists and I’m looking for a new home. I’m looking for a place where I can discuss disability issues, wheelchairs, how to get through the day… And also make some friends.

Louie

Coll

Post by Coll » 6 years ago

I'm a grandmother that lost her leg a few years back.  I was doing well with my prosthesis until other problems came along.  Now I spend most my time either in my wheelchair or in a recliner.
I keep working on my walking so I don't completely lose it but I'll admit there are a lot of times I get discouraged.

Louie

Post by Louie » 6 years ago

Coll, it's great that you are trying to walk. I'm in my power chair because of a progressive illness. About 10 years ago it got to the point were walking was so dangerous that I had to get a chair. I got in kicking and screaming, but soon came to realize that it was a blessing in disguise. Of course, my situation is completely different from yours.

Louie